The SACC Interclub Comeptition 2017 will be held on Sunday April 9th at Loreto Convent School, Grange Road, Kilkenny.
Rules are unchanged since last year and may be viewed on this link. In summary, panels are presented as colour print, monochrome print and projected image. A club may enter one, two or all three panels with ten images per panel. No photographer may be represented more then twice on any given panel. Prints MUST fit on the panel boards.
We would love to see ALL clubs in the region taking part in the competition! Don’t forget that a major part of this event is the public exhibition after judging has concluded, and representing your club on a panel is a very proud moment for every photographer.
The entry fee to this competition has remained unchanged from last year. The fees are:
€30 for one panel
€40 for two panels
€50 for all three panels
Our judges for his years are:
What does my club need to do to enter?
Step 1 – Register & Pay by midnight April 2nd (Sunday)
Due to the logistics involved in arranging access to and transporting the panel boards, we need all participating clubs to complete their registration (see below) by Sunday April 2nd. So the first thing you need to do it to tell us you are entering (and which sections you are entering) and pay the entry fee either via Paypal or by sending a cheque to our treasurer Liam at his address below. PayPal is our preferred method of receiving payment.
The Registration Form is at the foot of this post (Please scroll down)
If you don’t have a PayPal account, payment may be made by cheque to Liam Cahill, SACC Treasurer at the address below. Please include club name, club website, contact name, contact number and contact email address with all correspondence.
1 The Meadows,
Step 2 – Email completed entry form by April 2nd
Entry forms (the details of the images being submitted – titles and authors) need to be with us by Sunday April 2nd. The entry form for 2017 can be downloaded via this link. Please complete, save and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday April 2nd 2017. Please study the rules before submitting!
• Pack double-sided sticky velcro
Lots of it! You’ll need double-sided sticky velcro to attach your prints to the panel boards.
• Watch out for mount size
Maximum mount size is 20 x 16 inches. The dimensions of the panel boards are 8 x 4 feet (96 x 48 inches). Please note that if you are using the maximum size mount, and all mounts on any row are landscape oriented, they are not going to fit on the panel boards. You need to either adjust the layout of your panel, or use slightly smaller mounts.
- 09:00 – 10:00 Hanging panels
- 10:00 – 12:00 Judging Print panels (Print gallery closed to public)
- 12:00 – 13:00 Judging Projected panels
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch Break (Print Gallery open for public viewing)
- 14:00 – 16:00 Results, judges review and presentation of awards
What to bring on competition day:
To hang Print Panels:
• Prints & velcro. Measuring tapes, spirit levels, laser pointers etc., optional!
• Printed thumbnail view of each overall print panel layout – A4 print ideal on any kind of paper
• Jpg of thumbnail view of each overall panel layout on disc or memory stick
• Jpgs of each image on each print panel (sized to 1024 pixels on longest edge) on disc or memory stick
For Projected Panels:
• Jpg of thumbnail view of projected panel layout (x2, one with name of club included, the other without) on disc or memory stick
• Digital jpgs of each image on projected panel (sized to 2400 pixels on longest edge) on disc or memory stick, numbered 1-10
Registration Issues or Queries
For any issues or queries, please use the contact form on our website and a member of the committee will be in touch.
Please note that only members of paid up clubs will have access to SACC competitions and only paid up clubs will be eligible to enter SACC Interclub Competition. Please refer to fees page to pay your 2017 club fees and provide contact details for your club.
2017 Registration Form: