The SACC Interclub Competition 2018 will be held on Sunday April 8th at Scoil Mhuire Gan Smál, 1 Old Blarney Road, Shean Lower, Blarney, Cork.
Rules are unchanged since last year and may be viewed on this link. There will be three distinct sections, colour print, monochrome print and projected image sections. Each club may enter a panel of ten images in each section. A club may enter one, two or three sections. No photographer may be represented more than twice on any particular panel.
We would love to see ALL clubs in the region taking part in the competition!
Don’t forget that a major part of this event is the public exhibition, after judging has concluded, and representing your club on a panel is a very proud moment for every photographer.
The entry fee to this competition has remained unchanged from last year. The fees are:
€30 for one panel
€40 for two panels
€50 for all three panels
Our judges for his years are:
- Helen Hanafin AIPF, EFIAP
- Paul Stanley FIPF EFIAP EsFIAP
- Judy Boyle FIPF FRPS EFIAP
What does my club need to do to enter?
Step 1 – Register & Pay by midnight March 28th (Wednesday)
All participating clubs are required to complete their registration (see below) by Wednesday March 28th 2018. To register your entry you need to download/complete the Registration Form here and return it to email@example.com
All participating clubs can pay:
(1) By Cheque
Cheques should be made payable to SACC and sent to our Treasurer Tadhg Hurley at his address below.
(2) By PayPal.
If you wish to pay by PayPal, you should send an email to Tadhg
(Tadhg.Hurley48@gmail.com ) who will send you a link, which you can use to pay your club entry fee through your PayPal account.
Tadhg Hurley, Treasurer SACC, 48 Castleowen, Blarney, Co Cork.
Please include club name, club website, contact name, contact number and contact email address with all correspondence.
Step 2 – Email completed entry form by April 1st
Entry forms (the details of the images being submitted – titles and authors) need to be with us by Sunday April 1st. The entry form for 2018 can be downloaded via this link. Please complete, save and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday April 1st 2018.
Please study the rules before submitting!
- 09:00 – 10:30 Hanging Panels.
- 11:00 – 13:00 Judging (Gallery closed to public)
- 10.00 – 15.00 Equipment Display by Hahnel.
- 11.00 – 12.45 John Collins – Guest Presentation.
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch Break (Print Gallery open 13.30 for public viewing)
- 14:00 – 15:00 Results, judges review and presentation of awards.
- 15.00 – 16.00 SACC AGM
What to bring on competition day:
a. For Print Panels:
- Printed thumbnail view of each overall print panel layout – A4 print ideal on any kind of paper.
- Jpg of thumbnail view of each overall panel layout on disc or memory stick.
- Jpgs of each image on each print panel (sized to 1024 pixels on longest edge) on disc or memory stick
b. For Projected Panels:
- Jpg of thumbnail view of projected panel layout (x2, one with name of club included, the other without) on disc or memory stick.
- Digital jpgs of each image on projected panel (sized to 2400 pixels on longest edge) on disc or memory stick, numbered 1-10.
Registration Issues or Queries
For any issues or queries, please use the contact form on our website and a member of the committee will contact you.
Please note that only members of paid up clubs will have access to SACC competitions and only paid up clubs will be eligible to enter SACC Interclub Competition. Please refer to fees page to pay your 2018 club fees and provide contact details for your club.