1.1 The SACC Interclub Competition is an interclub competition open to all clubs in good standing with the Southern Association of Camera Clubs.
2. Conditions of Entry
- 2.1 To compete, a club must submit a panel of ten monochrome prints and/or a panel of ten colour prints and/or a panel of ten digitally projected images. Clubs may also include two additional images per panel to act as substitutes in case of disqualified images.
- 2.2 The overall award will be presented to the club with the highest combined panel scores for all three panels. Clubs may also choose to enter only one or two panels but will not then be entitled to win the overall award.
- 2.3 All images shown on a panel must be the work of registered members of the competing club.
- 2.4 No person may represent more than one club in the SACC, in any one year.
- 2.5 A maximum of two images from an individual may appear on a panel, therefore the maximum number of images for one photographer over all three panels is six images.
- 2.6 All images used in the competition shall be the original work of the author. Where the SACC requests proof of authorship that proof shall be provided without delay.
- 2.7 Images used in previous SACC Interclub Competitions are not eligible.
- 2.8 Maximum mount size is 50cm x 40cm (20 x 16 inches). Where necessary the SACC committee shall decide which prints are ineligible.
- 2.9 Prints may not be mounted on block-board, chipboard or similar materials, or be presented in frames, with or without glass. Such prints will not be displayed
- 2.10 Digital images for projection must be 2,400 pixels on the longest side @ 300 DPI, jpeg quality 10.
- 2.11 Protests may be made where a club believes that any of the rules have been infringed by another club. The protest must be made to a member of the SACC committee. Penalties up to and including the disqualification of a club from the competition may be imposed.
- 2.12 Scoring in the competition shall be on the basis of the official score sheet approved by the SACC committee. Each judge will score independently. Results shall be based on the aggregate scores given by all judges to each competing panel.
2.14 The judges’ decision shall be final.
Page 1 of 3
3. Submission of Entries
- 3.1 Each club is responsible for displaying their own panels on the display boards provided by the SACC committee on the morning of the competition. Details about cutoff time will be published prior to event. Panels should not be sent to the committee prior to the event.
- 3.2 All entries require a completed entry form, together with the appropriate entry fee (payable to the SACC) to be received prior to closing date.
- Projected Panels
Images for projected panels should be resized to 2,400 pixels on longest edge, 300 DPI, jpg quality 10. The jpgs should be renamed 1.jpg through to 10.jpg respectively and match exactly the same numbers and sequence submitted on your entry form. A thumbnail view of all ten images on should also be provided.
- Print Panels
See rule 2.8 & 2.9 for print entry conditions. In addition, the following must be provided:
A4printed thumbnail layout sheet for both colour and monochrome print panels. This panel layout also needs to be provided on disc.
Finally, you also need to provide thumbnails of all images entered. 1,024 pixels on longest edge is sufficient.
- Projected Panels
- 3.3 Each print must carry the name of the author and club.
- 3.4 The images must be displayed in the order in which they are listed on the entry form.
- 3.5 Neither the SACC nor the host club shall be responsible for loss or damage to entries.
- 3.6 Prints may not be removed from display boards until after the conclusion of the awards ceremony.
- 3.7 Prints and discs/memory sticks must be collected at the conclusion of the competition. Clubs will have to pay a fee to have uncollected panels returned.
- 3.8 The SACC reserves the right to publish any image entered in the Interclub Competition, with due acknowledgement and without payment of a fee, for the purposes of promoting the event and the SACC. This includes, but is not limited to, use on the SACC website. The copyright of all such images remains with their respective authors
Page 2 of 3
• The Conduct of the SACC Interclub Competition
- 4.1 The Interclub Competition shall take place under the supervision of the SACCcommittee, who shall act as the Official Referee.
- 4.2 All SACC Interclub Competitions shall be adjudicated by judges appointed by the SACC committee. This will normally be three persons.
- 4.3 The judges’ decision is final and no discussion of that decision shall be entered into. It is not permissible to publicly dispute the judges’ decision or comment at any time during the competition, up to and including the awards ceremony. Breach of this rule by a member of a club may lead to disqualification of that club’s entry.
- 4.4 The results of the competition will be announced on the day of the competition. Presentation of awards will immediately follow the announcement.
- 4.5 Entry into the competition shall be deemed to be acceptance of the rules of the competition.
- 4.6 The SACC committee’s decision in all matters relating to the SACC Interclub Competition shall be final.
- 4.7 Where any person or club considers that a person or club is in breach of these rules, that person or club may lodge a formal complaint in writing with the SACC committee.
- 4.8 All entries must conform to the current specification as defined by FIAP in each category for Monochrome prints and Colour prints.
- 4.9 SACC is not responsible for any loss or damage to prints.