It is with sad news that we report the passing of John Doheny. John has been taking photographs since he was a youngster. Landscapes, seascapes, travel, architecture and people were his main photographic subjects. Founder member of Mallow Camera Club and previous Secretary, Chair and Webmaster of the Southern Association of Camera Clubs (SACC) a founding member, John served in these and various roles and was instrumental in keeping the organisation alive and growing over the years. John also served as member of the Council of the Irish Photographic Federation (IPF) publishing its first website and first newsletter. John was highly regarded as a leading light in all regional and national club photography without whom it would not be at the same high level that it is today.
The IPF is requesting photographers to submit images for consideration to represent Ireland in the forthcoming Celtic Challenge being held in Scotland. The Biennial Selection Committee will be choosing a total of thirty images for the competition, but images may also be considered for future selection to represent Ireland in other competitions. Please forward this email to your club members and encourage them to submit images.
The criteria for submission are as follows.
1. The photographer must have had images entered in an IPF competition after 1st January 2016. The qualifying competitions are the IPF POTY, Nature POTY, National Shield and National Championships. Photographers who submitted successful distinction panels to the IPF in the past year may also submit images.
2. Images must be accompanied by an image title (no longer than thirty characters), name of the photographer, his/her distinctions, club name and a contact telephone number.
3. Photographs can be of any subject. The do not have to be the ones you entered in competitions. There are no restrictions on this. We will be entering a variety of images in future competitions so we would like a choice of subjects to choose from.
4. Images MUST be in JPEG format; 3000px @ 300ppi on the longest side. Images smaller than 2,400px will not be considered.
5. Not more than five images per photographer may be submitted.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 4th.
At the 2017 AGM and in keeping with well-established practice Blarney Photography Club took over responsibility for the administration of the SACC from Kilkenny Photographic Society who had undertaken that role for the preceding two years.
Mark Gorman – Chairman Tadhg Hurley – Treasurer
Ger O’Halloran – Secretary Henry O’Brien – Vice Chairman
One of the first tasks will be to re-establish contact with our member clubs. To that end we have sent an e-mail to the last known contact at each club asking them to respond directly to us or to pass the e-mail to the relevant person in their particular club for their attention.
Please send any corrections or updates to us to ensure continued notifications.
Once we have our address list up to date we anticipate contacting our member clubs again in relation to the forthcoming season.
In the interim, if your club have any particular events you wish to publicise or interesting items you may wish to share please let us know and we will publish the details on our web-site and Facebook pages.
You can update email addresses or send notifications to us via the contact page on the website or just click here.
Hoping to have a great couple of years with some brilliant photography!