Congratulations to Scotland on winning this years Celtic Challenge competition and commiserations to Ireland who claimed the runner-up spot. You can find the full results and winning images over on the IPF website.
Congratulations, thanks and appreciation must go to the SACC Committee for organising a super event. The organising committee members were Bill Power, John Doheny, John Hogan & Neily Curtin from Mallow Camera Club and Niamh Whitty from Cork Camera Group.
Our thanks also to the following (in absolutely no particular order at all!):
- Peter Clark for judging and also for providing a talk on his photography
- The representatives who travelled from the federations competing
- John Grimes & Limerick & District Photographic Society for panel boards
- EPA, Carbery Group & IPF for sponsoring content for our ‘goodie bags’!
- Gordon Kinsella from Cobh Camera Club for his assistance with Spike Island trip
- Alan Doheny from www.proof.ie for the gorgeous logo he produced
- Clarion Hotel (in particular Adriana) who provided top class facilities and catered to our every need
- Cork Crystal for the beautiful trophies
- Ian McDonagh, Cork County Arts Officer, for his assistance and enthuasism with exhibition
- Michael O’Sullivan for a fabulous midnight presentation of his photography!
- Martin Power and his musicians who delighted with their music
- Coleman Culhane, Viv Buckley, Ger Buckley, Pat Heavin, Pat Sheehan, Cian O’Mahony and Jason Town who provided invaluable assistance over the course of the weekend
- Pat Sheehan who guided our visitors on a walking tour of Cork City
- The IPF for their support throughout
- Gougane Barra Hotel for their warmth, hospitality and amazing lunch
- Blue Pool Ferries for amazing service that included finding us a pair of sea eagles!
- Cork County Council for providing a super space for holding the Celtic Challenge Exhibition
- Cork County Mayor Noel O’Connor for opening the Celtic Challenge Exhibition
- Cllr John Kelleher who attended our gala dinner on behalf of City Mayor Catherine Clancy
- Ray, our very accommodating bus driver
- Everyone who attended!
If we’ve forgotten anyone, please accept our apologies and drop us a note to let us know and we’d be happy to update this article!
Take a look at what we got up to over the course of the weekend in our Celtic Challenge Gallery.